Dreaming

Floating on a cloud, I see myself as more than I am, I see myself up above, I see myself among the stars. I am doing what I’ve always wanted to do, I am doing what I was born to do, and then they came along, they pointed at my dreams, they laughed at my dreams, they said it can never be done.
Flying on gossamer wings, I reached dizzying heights, I landed on top of my mountain, I’m on top of my heap. I rock, I’m in charge of my game and then they came and they pointed and they laughed, and they said it can’t be done. “You are just like everyone else, you’re not special.” they said “get your head out of the clouds and accept you’ll never be more than what you are.”
For a split second I was dumbfounded, I stopped dreaming and sat down there. I looked at myself and realized my ordinariness, it’s true I’m just like everybody else, I’m just a bit more cuckoo, how could I have thought it can be done? Why did I imagine for a moment that I could make a difference? I should grow up, get a life and stop dreaming. These are my friends, not my enemies. They’ve had more experience, they’ve done many things.
Then I said to myself, why then was I created, to be a drone? Not to make a difference? I asked myself what’s the use of dreaming? What’s the point of God’s love, God’s investment in me?
Then I realized I need my friends as my enemies, they made me more determined to dream, to reach out for that which I’ve always desired, more, better, touching lives, making a difference, that’s why I’m me.
So I achieved all they said I couldn’t and reached out for more, for better, for best… and there I found myself floating on clouds, borne gently on the milky way, I’m a planet, I’m more than the eye can see…

Comments

Popular Posts