Falling in love

I spotted her as soon as I entered the fast food restaurant next door to my office. 

Our eyes caught and I noted she’s just another tall, slim, fair skinned girl. Yellow girls are notorious for catching people’s attention, I thought dismissively, most of them turn out to be unattractive by the second look.

I bought lunch and as I swung around to leave, her gaze locked with mine again. I noted her nose, lips, those eyes bored into mine, they whispered promises.

I walked out and promptly forgot about her?


She was seated at the same table the following day. Her eyes lit up as I entered. I groaned inside and pretended I didn’t see her. That long neck, I had always sneered at people who waxed poetic about people’s necks, now all I wanted to do was run my hand from her neck to her cheek. Those lips, how would they feel if I kissed them?

What did I buy?

I walked out of the restaurant in a daze, my thoughts spun round and around, those lips, those eyes, she should quit it! I’m not going to walk up to her table, I won’t sit down. I won’t.

My heartbeat picked up as I approached the restaurant. I willed my feet not to skip towards those doors. I took a deep breath and looked up, she was there. She smiled at me.

I walked over to her table, stretched out my hand which was grasped in her warmth. Her smile grew wider.

Hi, my name is Yetunde, what’s yours? I said as I sat down beside her.

She smiled. 

We held hands as we walked out of the restaurant together.

Comments

Popular Posts