Omo Olókun


I read your tailmarks
Omo Olókun
     the indentations
Left by your fins
On the shores of the bar beach
Not too far from revelers
Getting high on love
     and other illegal drugs

I tracked
the tide the ebb
of your fears, your desires

high tide
fire, impassioned, kisses, heated, limbs, aduke, asake, abefe, adufe
entwined
intertwined
implosion

ex-plo-sion
BOOM!

shame
silence!

Red, blue, green and gold
Buoys
skirt the dangerous spaces
Beneath
the calm of your surfaces
death, betrayal, slippery-slope
of despair

I shut my eyes
Omo Olókun
Not far from the shores
of Bar Beach
Where thieves and
Drug Lords
ply their truth
of love
and other illegal substances

these fingers wandered
over whorls, curlicues, bumps

valleys

Braille
I read your fears, your desires

low ebb
iceberg, storm, rumble, growl, wild, wild, wild, sangowanwa, esubiyi,
impossible
IMPENETRABLE
explosion
im-plo-sion
boom
shame!
silence.

I swim your depths
Omo Olókun
Not far from the shores
of bar beach
Where sex workers
walk their talk
we got high
on love
and other illegal substances 

I
lost myself
in the sweeping grace
of our entwined limbs
got drunk, HIGH
drowned
in the sweetness of your fountains

I undulated
with the rise, the ebb
of your madness
so i peak
and ebb
peak
ebb
with you

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts